Difference between revisions of "How To Connect to a Virtual Lab Computer"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 11:06, 4 September 2020
Remote Access to ECE Virtual Lab Computers from Off-Campus:
1. Launch Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
*If you don’t have this application on your computer, it’s available for download from: https://it.ubc.ca/services/email-voice-internet/myvpn/setup-documents
2. Enter “myvpn.ubc.ca” into the empty field box and click Connect:
3. You will be prompted to enter in a username and password. Username and password is your CWL credentials:
4. Click OK to connect.
Remote Onto Lab Computers:
1. Make sure that you are connected to UBC VPN (see above)
2. If you are on a Windows computer, you can launch the native program called Remote Desktop Connection
*For computer name, enter in the hostname of the lab computer (see the section below). *When prompted for username and password, use your ECE account credentials.
3. If you are on a Mac, you will need to download the application from the App store, available from: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id1295203466?mt=12
*Once installed, launch the app and click on Add PC *Enter in the hostname of the computer you want to connect and click “Add” *You will see a PC added to your, double click on it to connect. *Enter in your ECE account info to login:
List of available computers: