How To Keep Your Profile Small
By default Internet Explorer will save a huge amount of Temporary Internet Files in your profile. This is a huge waste of disk space and it results in a long time to login and logout of Windows.
If you want to start from scratch with a new profile see How To Reset Your Profile.
To keep your amount of Temporary Internet Files small:
- Start Internet Explorer
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- Click on Internet Options
- Click Delete Files... under Temporary Internet Files on the General tab to remove the existing files
- Click on Settings... under Temporary Internet Files
- Change the Amount of disk space to use: to 1 MB
- Click OK to get back to Internet Options
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Scroll down and check the box beside "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed"
- Click OK to finish the settings
Also, don't put large files on your desktop as it is part of your profile and profiles are not saved reliably. Please save the files to your Z:-drive.
This should keep your profile small and keep it from getting corrupt.