From ECE Information Technology ServicesJump to navigationJump to search
ECE Information Technology Services
Please select one of the HOWTO collections:
- HOWTOs For Users
- HOWTOs for all users of ECE computing infrastructure
- HOWTOs For Researchers
- HOWTOs for the ECE research community
- HOWTOs For Instructors
- HOWTOs for the ECE teaching community
- Email/login failures due to ldap server overload (Apr 25, 2013)
- Due to the large volume of requests our ldap server which authenticates user logins is overloaded. Hence, some attempts at login via SSH or email clients/Webmail fail. We are deploying an additional server to spread the load and remedy the problem. We appreciate your patience.
- Packet storm (Apr 24, 2013)
- An attempt to reconfigure a network switch triggered a packet storm, lasting approximately from 12:23 to 12:34, effectively preventing the flow of all traffic on the entire ECE network. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Spam/phishing/mail delivery problems (Apr 15, 2013)
- One ECE user's account was compromised after divulging his/her password in a phishing attack, and was used to send spam. As a result of this incident, mail from ECE is currently being rejected by some e-mail providers, including GMail, Hotmail, and Comcast.
- DNS Failure (Apr 6, 2013)
- Due to a server configuration error, ECE DNS servers were declining to resolve queries for hostnames other than *.ece.ubc.ca. The situation started around midnight, and was corrected at 14:10.
- End-of-Life for Matlab old license servers: fs6 and service (Jan 2013)
- Please note that the license servers on fs6 (for research) and on service (for classroom use) are going to retire soon. Please point your software to the following aliases: matlabr-lm (for research) and matlabt-lm (for teaching).