From ECE Information Technology ServicesJump to navigationJump to search
ECE Information Technology Services
Please select one of the HOWTO collections:
- HOWTOs For Users
- HOWTOs for all users of ECE computing infrastructure
- HOWTOs For Researchers
- HOWTOs for the ECE research community
- HOWTOs For Instructors
- HOWTOs for the ECE teaching community
- Planned outages for Victoria Day weekend 2013
- As part of its Change Management plan, UBC IT has scheduled some upgrades for Victoria Day weekend that will likely result in interruptions to network connectivity. On Saturday morning, ECE expects temporary loss of network connectivity, with consequences for services that rely on our NetApp filer, including home directories, e-mail, websites, and the Request Tracker ticket system.
- Spam/phishing/mail delivery problems (Apr 15, 2013)
- One ECE user's account was compromised after divulging his/her password in a phishing attack, and was used to send spam. As a result of this incident, mail from ECE is currently being rejected by some e-mail providers, including GMail, Hotmail, and Comcast.
- End-of-Life for Matlab old license servers: fs6 and service (Jan 2013)
- Please note that the license servers on fs6 (for research) and on service (for classroom use) are going to retire soon. Please point your software to the following aliases: matlabr-lm (for research) and matlabt-lm (for teaching).