UBC IT Scheduled Maintenance - CWL and Network (August 9 & 10, 2014)
No ECE IT service outage is expected
System Maintenance tasks planned for these days can be viewed at http://it.ubc.ca/change-management.
Progress updates during this system maintenance period will be available on the UBC IT Service Bulletins site at http://www.it.ubc.ca/bulletins
If your ECE-hosted service experiences an outage during this maintenance window, please contact the UBC IT Service Centre at 604.822.6141 or email@example.com
CWL Account Management Maintenance - Saturday, August 9th
UBC IT will be performing quarterly CWL system maintenance on August 9th from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. During this time,
- the CWL User Interface for account management will be offline
- CWL account creation, account management, and password updates will not be possible
- the CWL back-end Grouper application will be offline
- AccessUBC will not provision accounts or entitlements from HR or Visitor repositories
- Edits to Student & Alumni Mail (SAMail) aliases will not be possible
This maintenance affects CWL account management only, and does not prevent you from using your CWL to logon to UBC systems (e.g., SISC, HRMS). ECE account management will continue to function normally.
Network Maintenance - Sunday, August 10th
UBC IT will be performing quarterly network maintenance on August 10th from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 pm. Networks that are dual-homed on A1/L1 (all ECE networks) should experience continuous service. VPN and call centres are also hosted on A1/L1. While VPN services are also dual-homed and expected to continue uninterrupted, there is always a remote possibility of service disruption.