From ECE Information Technology ServicesJump to navigationJump to search
ECE Information Technology Services
Please select one of the HOWTO collections:
- HOWTOs For Users
- HOWTOs for all users of ECE computing infrastructure
- HOWTOs For Researchers
- HOWTOs for the ECE research community
- HOWTOs For Instructors
- HOWTOs for the ECE teaching community
- Scheduled Outage in Kaiser (Mar 25, 2013)
- In order to perform an electrical upgrade, power will need to be temporarily switched off to ECE's Kaiser server room. Network connectivity to the building and some computer services will be disrupted on Monday March 25 from 5:45 am. Service will be restored by 8:00 am (probably much earlier, if the operation goes according to plan).
- Kaiser Server Room Network Failure (Mar 21, 2013)
- At 2 am, a network switch in the Kaiser server room spontaneously failed. Service was restored at 4:15 am.
- SPAM/Phishing emails (Feb 12, 2013)
- Please note, ECE IT will never direct you to send your information via email or websites; we will never direct you to websites outside UBC. We always sign our names in our emails. Please do not respond or follow the links on "Phishing" emails.
- Campus Network Failure (Jan 25, 2013)
- This morning starting around 6:00am UBC IT performed a router upgrade. Due to some undocumented settings our service was not restored. The effect was to cut off ECE from the rest of the campus and beyond. The situation was resolved at around 9:20am.
- End-of-Life for Matlab old license servers: fs6 and service (Jan 2013)
- Please note that the license servers on fs6 (for research) and on service (for classroom use) are going to retire soon. Please point your software to the following aliases: matlabr-lm (for research) and matlabt-lm (for teaching).