From ECE Information Technology ServicesJump to navigationJump to search
ECE Information Technology Services
Please select one of the HOWTO collections:
- HOWTOs For Users
- HOWTOs for all users of ECE computing infrastructure
- HOWTOs For Researchers
- HOWTOs for the ECE research community
- HOWTOs For Instructors
- HOWTOs for the ECE teaching community
- ECE website outage (Nov 21, 2016)
- Multiple ECE websites, including www.ece.ubc.ca and courses.ece.ubc.ca, went offline from 16:19 to 18:15.
- Teamviewer outage (Jun 1, 2016)
- Due to widespread reports that unauthorized users have been able to remotely control computers through TeamViewer, we have taken the precaution of blocking TeamViewer on the ECE network.
- SMB server out of memory (Feb 27, 2016)
- The authentication and file server for the UBC_ECE domain started running out of memory around 2016-02-27 11:43. It was restarted at 2016-02-29 02:10.
- Malicious email (Feb 11, 2016)
- If you have received an email with subject "Scan from KM1650" and attachment "=SCAN7318_000.DOC" please do not open it. The attachment contains a trojan.
- Change to access to IEEExplore from off-campus
- Please be aware that the Library no longer provides access to IEEExplore through myVPN. Off-campus users should now use EZproxy instead: https://login.ezproxy.library.ubc.ca/login?qurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.library.ubc.ca http://ezproxy.library.ubc.ca/login?url=http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/DynWel.jsp Please note that access through EZproxy is available only to current UBC students, staff, and faculty.