From ECE Information Technology ServicesJump to navigationJump to search
ECE Information Technology Services
Please select one of the HOWTO collections:
- HOWTOs For Users
- HOWTOs for all users of ECE computing infrastructure
- HOWTOs For Researchers
- HOWTOs for the ECE research community
- HOWTOs For Instructors
- HOWTOs for the ECE teaching community
- Multiple UBC Service Outages (May 15, 2018)
- The Educloud service is not available resulting in the inability to access UBC services such as anything hosted with HR, FASMail, Canvas, Workspace websites and Skype for Business. The majority of enterprise services at UBC will be impacted. No ETA is currently available at this time.
- Scheduled ECE network outage (February 16, 2018)
- On 2018-02-16, from 20:00 to 22:00, the ECE network and most ECE services will be unavailable.
- General ECE service outage (September 14, 2017)
- From 2017-09-14 11:10 to approximately 15:30, most ECE services were down, including home directories, SMB shares, IMAP, Webmail, and websites. Services should be working now; please report any persisting abnormalities. Queued inbound mail should be have been delivered now.
- Problems connecting to ubcprivate (September 12, 2017)
- Reports have been received of problems connecting to the "ubcprivate" wireless network. Central IT has been notified of the situation. In the meantime, the ECE network can be accessed wirelessly by using the "ubcsecure" wireless network together with the ECE VPN. A Cisco "AnyConnect" VPN client is available at http://myvpn.ubc.ca. The server to connect to from the client is myvpn.ubc.ca. Credentials are the same as for ubcprivate.
- Matlab license server and Teamshare inaccessible (May 1, 2017)
- Following the firewall upgrade yesterday, the nameservers for the ead.ubc.ca DNS zone were failing to respond, causing services such as Teamshare and MATLAB licensing to be unavailable to ECE users until 14:45.
- Teamviewer outage (Jun 1, 2016)
- Due to widespread reports that unauthorized users have been able to remotely control computers through TeamViewer, we have taken the precaution of blocking TeamViewer on the ECE network.
- Malicious email (Feb 11, 2016)
- If you have received an email with subject "Scan from KM1650" and attachment "=SCAN7318_000.DOC" please do not open it. The attachment contains a trojan.
- Change to access to IEEExplore from off-campus
- Please be aware that the Library no longer provides access to IEEExplore through myVPN. Off-campus users should now use EZproxy instead: https://login.ezproxy.library.ubc.ca/login?qurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.library.ubc.ca http://ezproxy.library.ubc.ca/login?url=http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/DynWel.jsp Please note that access through EZproxy is available only to current UBC students, staff, and faculty.